These Christmas special cookies are simple, easy to make and are going to keep everyone happy at home. A delightful combination of coconut and cardamom, they are miles away from all the other types of cookies you must have had on your tea table. With an added chocolate glaze, your kids will be their happiest self!
1 cup Refined Flour
2/3rd cup to 1 cup Granulated Sugar
1 stick Butter
1/4th cup shredded dry coconut
1 tsp Cardamom Powder
2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 cup Baking Soda
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. Mix in the shortening. (Shortening is nothing but Hydrogenated vegetable oil. It is not very good from health point of view but they make everything taste good)
- Combine everything well to make it into something like a soft dough. Pinch small balls out of it pressing it slightly into the palm of your hand.
- Preheat oven at 350 F. Arrange the biscuits on a parchment lined cookie sheet, giving at least 1″ between the biscuits.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or till they are cracked on the top and done!
- Melt a little chocolate and pour it over the cookies when they are ready. Sprinkle a little cardamom powder as well and let them cool.
Enjoy with fresh coffee and serve to your guests on the Christmas Eve!