Basundi is a sweet thickened milk flavored with cardamom powder with addition of dry nuts. You can serve it hot as well as chilled. Here is an instant strawberry basundi which is not just easy to make but really delicious on the tongue as well….time to bring in some festivities!!!
250 gms Strawberries
1 1/2 cup Milk
1 tbsp Milk powder
1/3 cup Powdered sugar
1/4 cup Strawberry custard powder
1 tbsp Honey
1 tsp Cardamom powder
Few sliced pistachios
- Grind strawberries to make the strawberry puree.
- Add small amounts of milk (2 -1/2 spoons) to the custard powder. Keep stirring to avoid lumps. Slowly add all milk. Make sure the milk is cold to avoid lumps. Now add 1 tbsp of milk powder. Stir well.
- Place the custard and milk powder mixture on medium flame and keep stirring continuously till the first boil. Now take the pan off the gas and cool it down to room temperature while stirring continuously.
- Now add the strawberry puree, powdered sugar and honey and mix well.
- Garnish with cream and pistachios and serve chilled.
- Enjoy the instant strawberry basundi within minutes.