These Easy Indian Pineapple Laddoos make a fantastically simple fruit based dessert to celebrate festive occasions and are perfect to have as a quick afternoon snack too.
1 cup pineapple puree
1 tbsp ghee
100 gms sooji or semolina
125 gms milk powder
6-7 tbsp sugar or (according to taste)
¼ tsp cardamom powder
2 sliced pistachio
- Chop the pineapple into chunks, and place in a food processor. Mix until smooth and reduced to a paste.
- Heat the ghee in a pan over medium-low heat, add the pineapple puree with the sugar and cook for 1-2 minutes. Make sure you do not burn the puree.
- Add the sooji and mix well. Cook for a further 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add the milk powder, cardamom powder, and stir well.
- Continue to cook for another 2 minutes, or until the mixture becomes thick. Transfer into a bowl. Add the sliced pistachios as well and mix. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Using your hands make small golf-sized balls. Arrange on a serving plate and serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.