Cardamom and Coco Iced Coffee
I like coffee. A lot. Mostly all the high-calorie ones you get at Starbucks and other glorious coffee chains though even cold brews sometimes entice me much.
I can’t count the number of times I’ve ordered anything other than that, or an Americano, when at a coffee shop. Specialty drinks lean too far on the sweet side, filled with highly processed syrups and such. At home is a different story though! Much like food, I enjoy the chance to be creative and have control over the quality of ingredients going into the recipe.
Which is where this Cardamom and Coco Iced Coffee comes in. Smooth, bold, and chocolaty. A caffeinated boost and deliciously refreshing.
The cardamom here helps to give a new dimension to the coffee. It also helps to uplift your mood instantly and hits like a good bolt of lightning here! Remember to keep it mild so that you can enjoy a strong taste of all three- coffee, chocolate, and the cardamom.
Just keep the cubes in the freezer and whenever you are in the mood, just pop out those cubes into a glass, pour over the flavored milk, stir a bit and hola!!! this intoxicating yet mild and delectable drink is ready to be had anytime during the summers!
Half brew, half chocolate milk, 100% delicious. A wholesome indulgence, no need for syrups here. Say yes to caffeine fueled chocolate milk. You won’t regret it!
12 gms Nescafe or any other coffee
250 ml warm water
250 ml Fresh milk
50 gms Chocolate powder
- Prepare the coffee ice cubes; mix the coffee with 250 ml of warm water along with cardamom powder and pour it into an ice cube tray. Then leave in the freezer.
- Pour the milk and chocolate powder into a milk pitcher. Use the steamer to steam the mixture. If you don’t have a milk pitcher simply warm the milk a little and add the chocolate powder to it and mix well. If you are using a chocolate powder that doesn’t have sugar, then you can add sugar or honey separately according to taste.
- Be careful not to heat the milk above 40°C.
- In a glass put in 4 or 5 of the coffee ice cubes or more.
- Pour the chocolate milk over and garnish with chocolate flakes and enjoy!