Served warm or chilled, this caramel-glazed classic is both a comforting and elegant dessert. One of the most popular desserts all over the world, its known to be loved not just in the royal palaces and classy dinner tables but also in the household of common people all over the world.
250 ml milk
Few drops of vanilla essence
A pinch of nutmeg powder
2 tbsp whipped cream
4 mint leaves
- To prepare molds lined with caramel:
- Take a big enough mold and add all the sugar to it. Add about 10-12 drops of water and caramelize over medium flame. Keep turning the mold to spread caramel evenly. Place them in cold water immediately to set the caramel.
- Break eggs in a vessel. Add sugar and mix well. Add lukewarm milk and vanilla essence. Mix till sugar dissolves. Strain this mixture into prepared mold.
- Sprinkle nutmeg powder on top.
- Cover with greaseproof paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 150 deg C for 30-35 minutes in water bath or steam for same time.
- Cool it down to room temperature and chill. De-mold just before serving. Garnish with fresh cream and/or mint leaf.