1 to 1 and 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1 cup water
1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
75 gms butter
1/4 tsp salt
1 to 2 tbsp water – if required
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp coconut powder
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a 2-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes (jam will continue to thicken as it cools).
- Force jam through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, discarding skins and seeds. Cool, stirring occasionally.
Jam can be made 4 days ahead and chilled, covered.
- Combine flour, butter, 2 eggs, salt and water. Mix well to form a dough. Cover it for with a damp cloth, let stand for 30 minutes. Then start making small balls out of the dough and roll them out making circles, such that each circle is 8-10 centimeters in diameter.
- Take a little jam, for the filling (about 1 small bowl) and add the sesame seeds and coconut powder to it. Mix well.
- Take one circle, add the filling in the center. Cover it with another circle and press lightly. Seal the edges with the help of some flour and water mixture. Use a fork to press all around the edges to make an attractive pattern.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for about 18 mins in the microwave. Turn around and bake on the other side as well till they are golden brown and baked well.
Enjoy the cranberry jam crunchy circles with your favorite cup of coffee! They are sumptuous!