Coconut Milk & Blueberry Popsicles
Refined sugar-free and dairy-free, these frozen ice pops make a healthy and satisfying summer treat. With only a handful of ingredients, they’re a breeze to make!
1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 1/2 Tbsp water
3 Tbsp honey
3/4 cup canned coconut milk
1/2 cup almond or cashew nut puree (I used cashew nut puree)
1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small sauce pot, combine blueberries, water, and 3 tablespoons honey. Bring to a boil until liquid is syrupy and thick. Remove from heat. No need to mash the blueberries, keep them as is.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons honey, coconut milk, vanilla essence and cashew nut puree.
- Fill popsicle molds a little over half full of coconut-cashew nut mixture. Spoon in the blueberry mixture to fill the popsicle mold.
- Place mold in freezer for 1 hour. Remove molds and insert wooden sticks into each popsicle cavity. Place mold back in the freezer for at least another 4 hours until ice pops are solid.(I used molds which already come with a popsicle stick).
- Your blueberry coconut milk popsicles are ready as an absolute delight not just to the eyes but to your tongue as well.