Coconut Raisin & Mango Tartlets
If you are craving something sweet and need a quick fix, this is the way to go! These tartlets taste different and don’t fall under the regular category of desserts. Bake them for the next house party and I am sure your guests would have something to remember for days!
Small round sheets (about 3” dia) cut from cookie dough. You can also use 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed and cut into six 3-inch circles to fit jumbo muffin pan.
1/2 cup light brown sugar
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
1 cup grated coconut
Raisins – 1 tbsp
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place puff pastry circles or the cookie dough rounds in the refrigerator.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and a pinch of salt; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil 1 minute, then add butter and stir until completely melted. Then take it off the heat.
- In a jumbo muffin pan, divide sugar mixture among the cups, about 4 teaspoons each.
- Divide mango among cups and top a little coconut, raisins and a little cinnamon on each. Now take out the pastry circles or the cookie dough rounds and place them on top of each of this filling.
- Bake until pastry or the cookie round is golden brown and juices are bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Let cool on a wire rack, 15 minutes. Run a small knife around edges of pastries to loosen. Place a rimmed baking sheet over pan and quickly invert to release tartlets. Serve warm.