Try super easy honey cake recipe for a rich, moist honey cake: perfect with a cuppa.Belive me, when you need to pep yourself up after a hard day or a bad mood, there’s nothing which works better than this…
1 1/4 cup Plain flour/Maida
1 cup minus 2 tbsp Condensed milk
1/2 cup Oil (I used sunflower oil)
1/2 cup Orange juice
3 tbsp Powdered sugar
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Orange zest
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1/2 cup Water
2 tbsp Sugar
1/4 cup Honey
4 tbsp Mixed fruit jam
1 tsp Sugar – 1 tsp
Desiccated coconut – As needed
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C. Mix flour,baking powder,baking soda with a whisk to ensure even mixing. In another bowl, mix condensed milk, orange juice, oil, sugar, vanilla essence, lemon juice.
- Add flour and mix well. Add orange zest (orange skin part, grated) and mix.
- Transfer to a baking tray greased with oil and dusted with flour. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool down for 10 mins and invert over a wire rack to cool down completely. Trim the sides.
- Prick the cake with tooth pick at various places. Mean while prepare sugar syrup by boiling water and sugar just until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to luke warm and mix honey.
- Heat jam and sugar over low flame in a pan until it melts.
- Over the flat surface of the cake, pour the prepared syrup generously so that the cake absorbs the syrup. Over this, spread the jam to form a thin layer.
- Sprinkle desiccated coconut all over the surface to cover up the jam. Cut into desired shape and serve.
Add honey only to luke warm sugar syrup.
Since this cake is super moist because of syrup, jam, this has to be consumed within 2 –3 days (kept inside fridge)
After slicing the cake, you can also pour the syrup so that the sides of the cakes also get generous syrup.