Instant, Healthy, Non-dairy Chocolate Ice Cream
Like summers and ice creams go together, I and chocolate go hand in hand. We are practically inseparable. Yeah, rather than a prince charming, chocolates make me go weak in the knees, they literally make me blush and transport me to a way better world…I almost lose touch of reality whenever there’s that brown piece of heaven in my mouth.
As much as I love everything that’s sugary, dessert and just outstanding in taste, I also love to try out and explore healthier versions of the same. Being one of the most common flavors you must have enjoyed, you must have enjoyed chocolate ice cream a lot of times from gelato to full-fat ones from different brands but I bet never ever this one!
In three words- it’s decadent, dreamy and death like!
It’s also instant, doesn’t melt like normal ice cream (be assured, I have made in super humid Mumbai temperature), creamy, super chocolaty and of course healthier than you can imagine! Perfect to be made and had every single day of your life without worrying much about calories! Ask me how, well its made from our favorite bananas and that’s the base of the ice cream.
I used, cocoa powder, Hide & Seek biscuits, a few bits of chocolate along with the bananas to give the chocolate flavor. But what added the exotic touch to it is the addition of some special ingredients which made it all the more unique and added the special touch! I made a coarse mixture of some peanuts, fennel seeds and chili flakes and added to the ice cream mix. The result is, of course, palatable and luscious ice cream with the freshness of the fennel, spiciness of the chili flakes and the nuttiness of the peanuts! I bet you wouldn’t be able to control your taste buds after this deadly combination!
It is this wonderful spice blend which makes the ice cream different and wonderful creation in itself!
As far as the rest of the ingredients go, you can add just about add anything to give the chocolate flavor – cocoa powder, Oreos, any other chocolate biscuits, chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, etc.
What’s also nice about this ice cream is that it can be had instantly or you can also freeze it as long as you want. It has a texture of gelato. When you freeze it, it will become a little firmer but still have a gelato-like texture……super creamy, I tell you!
Why you need this Chocolate Banana Ice Cream:
- It tastes EXACTLY like soft serve chocolate ice cream.
- It’s every bit as refreshing as your favorite ice cream recipe only made with healthy ingredients.
- This is the best recipe ever for tricking your kids, spouse, friends, or yourself into eating healthy food.
- Try the ice cream when is done. If it’s too bitter, add some natural sweetener or more Hide & Seek biscuits and blend again. If you like bitter chocolate ice cream, add more cacao.
- I used cocoa powder, but sweetened chocolate powder and carob powder are okay.
- If you use very ripe bananas the ice cream will be sweeter. It’s best to use ripe ones.
Well, why waste more time…go ahead guys and let me know how do you like it? Happy weekending!
Sinfully rich, indulgently dark, and secretly healthy chocolate ice cream! No cream, no added sugar, no guilt! My favorite way to eat it is as soft serve right out of the blender but you can also freeze so it’s firm enough to scoop into ice cream cones.
4 bananas chopped and frozen
2 tablespoon cocoa powder
7-8 Hide and seek biscuits
2 tbsp chocolate chunks (chocolate broken into small pieces). You can also add melted chocolate
1-1/2 tbsp mixture of fennel seeds, peanuts and chili flakes (roughly grind all these together to make a coarse powder)
- Peel the bananas and cut them into small pieces.
- Freeze them for 12 hours or more.
- Put the frozen bananas into a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. Scrape down the sides as necessary.
- When the mixture is smooth, add the cocoa powder, Hide & Seek biscuits, chocolate chunks, spice mixture and blend until incorporated.
- For a soft ice cream, serve immediately.
- For a firm chocolate banana ice cream, transfer it back to the freezer for at least an hour. Enjoy!