These lemon cookies are soft-baked and have plenty of lemon zest, lemon juice, and lemon extract throughout for a delicious lemon treat! if you love lemons, this is one hell-of-a-treat, just put one entire piece in and end your day in a lemonous way!
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside
- In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
- In large mixing bowl beat the butter for a few seconds, add the sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla, and lemon juice. Mix until fully combined.
- Continue mixing while you add in the dry ingredients. Mix until fully combined. Now keep the dough in the refrigerator till it sets, for about an hour.
- After the mentioned time, take out the cookie dough and roll it out. Cut into the desired shapes and transfer onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake until lightly golden on edges, approximately 15 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool on the cookie sheet about 5 minutes and then remove to continue cooling on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, dust them with a little icing sugar for a final touch.
- Store cookies in airtight container at room temperature. Enjoy!