With origins in the Persian Empire and regional variations throughout Asia and the Middle East, the kulfi is something of an iconic dessert. A set, frozen cream dessert often flavored with fruits, nuts or spices such as saffron, this simple mango kulfi recipe is made with condensed milk for sweetness and the vibrant flesh of the mango for a refreshing treat.
1 cup mango puree
1 tin condensed milk
1pkt Fresh cream (200 ml)
A fat pinch of saffron
Seeds of 5 cardamon
4-5 sliced pistachios
4-5 chopped almonds
Few saffron strands
- Wash, peel and pulse the mangoes in the food processor for a minute or so.
- Now take a blender and add the mango puree, condensed milk, fresh cream, seeds of cardamom, saffron strands and almonds. Blend all of them till they are mixed properly.
- Take the kulfi molds and add some of the garnishings at the bottom of each mold. Now pour the puree in each and add a popsicle stick in the center of each.
- Place these in the freezer overnight or at least three hours.
- To UN-mold just dip the mold in running tap water for about 10 seconds and it will release from the mold.
- Relish the mango kulfi bite by bite and say goodbye to the hot summers when they strike.