Mango Mousse Cake
This is the perfect make-ahead dessert. From the mild ginger base to the tangy, mousse-like center to the silky mango finish – it’s layers of deliciousness. What’s more? It’s really easy and not much of a fuss as well.
Base Cake ingredients:
1.5 cups organic whole wheat flour
2 tsp ginger paste or grated ginger
2 tbsp raisins (optional)
¼ tsp cinnamon powder
1/4th tsp nutmeg powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
For jaggery syrup:
¾ cup powdered or cubed jaggery
½ cup water
- Mix the whole wheat powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg powder well in a bowl. You can also sieve the above ingredients.
- Add the ginger paste and raisins and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, mix the 14th cup yogurt with 1/4th cup water till smooth. Then add the oil to it and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the ½ cup water till it’s just hot, no need to boil.
- Add jaggery to the hot water and mix well.
- Pour the yogurt+oil mixture to the flour.
- Then add the jaggery solution.
- Fold the ingredients well and make a smooth batter.
- Pour into a greased baking round pan and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 35-40 minutes.
- If the top gets browned quickly while baking, cover with butter paper or aluminum foil and then continue to baking.
- Once warm, remove the cake from the pan and keep it on the tray to cool.
- Spray a little sugar solution on it or just plain water before you pur teh mago mousee over this cake.
Make sugar syrup – Add 2 tbsp sugar and 1/4 cup water and bring it to boil. Let it Cool.
Keep the ginger cake in a pan as base and Sprinkle the cake with Sugar syrup
Mango Mousse :
2 Cup Mango Pulp
2 Cup Whipping Cream/Fresh Cream (If using Fresh Cream, Please use only thick part of it. I used Amul Cream)
3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
4 tsp Gelatin (soaked in 1/4 cup water)
- 1.Keep The Cream in the refrigerator for about 2 hours before Whipping. And Keep the beater and Bowl in which you whip the Cream in the freezer 20 Minutes before Whipping.
- 2.Sprinkle the Gelatin in Water and keep for 5 Minutes. Then Microwave for 30 seconds.
- It will be a clear solution.]
- 3.Once gelatin mixture cools down, add it to Mango pulp and mix well and keep aside.
- 4.In another bowl, whip the Cream and Sugar till it forms soft peaks.
- 5.Now fold in the Mango Pulp to Cream.
- 6.Now Pour the Mango Mousse over the base cake and spread evenly using a spatula. Make sure you use teh adjustable cake tin to remove the cake easily once set.
- 7.Refrigerate this to set at least 3 hours.
1/2 Cup Mango Pulp
2 tsp Gelatin (soaked in 2 Tbsp water)
1.Prepare the glaze only after the mousse layer is set.
2.Sprinkle the Gelatin in Water and keep for 5 Minutes. Then Microwave for 30 seconds.
It will be a clear solution.
3.In a Pan, Heat the mango pulp until warm.
4.Once gelatin mixture cools down, add it to Mango Pulp.
5.Once cooled, pour the glaze over the refrigerated cake mousse layer and refrigerate this to set at least 3 hours.
6.Remove the sides of pan gently and enjoy the slice 🙂
To dissolve the gelatin you can use double boiler method too.
In a separate Vessel boil the water. Hold the bowl of soaked gelatin above this boiling water and keep stirring.
Gelatin will become clear solution.
While slicing the cake, dip the knife in warm water. Slices will be cleaner.