These mango mousse shots are light and airy and not overly sweet, letting the fresh mango puree really shine through. Savour as you devour the heavenly goodness!
3-4 fresh small mangoes or 1 ½ cup mango pulp
Heavy cream or whipped cream – 1 cup (you can add another ¼ cup and after stiff peaks, reserve them for topping on mousse)
Sugar – ½ cup
Mango essence – few drops or cardamom powder – 1tsp
Unflavoured gelatin – 1 ½ tsp (replace with agar agar for vegetarian option)
8-10 small mango dices
2 tbsp roasted coconut flakes
2 tbsp soaked basil seeds
4-5 leaves of fresh mint
- Wash and peel the mangoes, remove the flush part and grind with sugar to make a fine puree.
- Dissolve the gelatine in 2 tbsp of cold water for 3 minutes or until it blooms.
- In a wide bowl, whip the cream till you get stiff peaks.
- Fold mango puree into the whipped cream and mix it gently with a wire whisk.
- Microwave or just warm gelatine for 15 seconds and add it to the mango cream mixture. Make sure the gelatine is not too hot while adding.
- Also add the mango essence or cardamom powder right now.
- Mix all together well without traces of white cream.
- Pour it into shot glasses or any of your preferred bowls and cover with aluminum foil. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Top it with some roasted coconut flakes, mango dices and some soaked basil seeds for a different and a healthy type of garnish. At last, just add a fresh leaf of mint and dug deep into the glass to have a spoonful of the yummy yet delectable dessert of your favorite fruit.