Mocha Mini Sweet Tarts
Chocolate AND coffee! Ah! What a combo! This perfect old combo never goes out of time… These mocha cupcakes are coffee and espresso-infused, light on the chocolate, and topped with peppermint infused cream which adds to the awesomeness of this simple dessert!
1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup to 1 cup olive oil or any other oil
1 cup whipped cream
1-2 drops peppermint essence
1 cup brewed coffee- ( you can also use 1 tsp coffee granules dissolved in 1cup water )
2 tsp white vinegar
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease the mini tart molds and dust them with a little flour.
- In a bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, olive oil, brewed coffee, vinegar and vanilla extract.
- Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk till combined.
- Fill the batter in the pan, three fourths full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan after 5 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
- Take the whipped cream and add the peppermint essence to it. Now add a dollop of the cream to each tart. Sprinkle with a little cocoa powder and add gems of your choice. Your mocha mini sweet tarts are ready to be served to your kids.