Pumpkin & Pineapple Cream Soup
This soup takes us from the comforting familiarity of winter roots to the heady fragrant warmth of the Caribbean. It’s creamy, silky and a lovely blend of these tropical wonders. You can add some chilies as well for that extra zing!
¼ of a 1kg pumpkin (cook it and cut in small dices)
3 round slices pineapple (blend them to make a puree)
2 tbsp Apple Juice
1 tbsp Cream
1 tsp Ginger
One sprig of Spring Onion
Salt – to taste
¼ teaspoon or just a pinch of Cinnamon Powder
1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
1 tbsp Olive oil
Walnut, spring onion and Cream to garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add grated ginger and finely chopped onions. Sauté them for 2 minutes. Add salt. Now add the cooked pumpkin pieces and sauté for about 3-4 minutes.
- Take off the heat and blend these together to form a puree.
- Pour this puree into a pan on a medium flame and add water (as per preferred consistency). Stir it and let it come to a boil. With the first boil itself, add the cream and lastly the pineapple puree. Stir this well and take off heat.
- Sprinkle black pepper powder and a pinch of cinnamon powder. Garnish with a little cream, spring onion, and walnut.
- Serve it warm (not piping hot). That darling fall soup is ready to be relished.