Sweet & Salty Fennel Cookies
These Christmas special cookies are sure to bowl you over. They are so mild and so different in taste from the usual Christmas cookies, that you are sure to be making them every single Christmas. The freshness of fennel adds to all the goodness that you feel on the tongue. Don’t forget to try these out, they are simply fantastic!
2 cups Refined Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
50 gms Butter
1 tsp Baking powder
2 tsp Fennel seeds
Warm Water – as required
2 tbsp Sugar
- Take the flour and add the salt, sugar, butter, baking powder to it along with the fennel seeds. Keep adding water to make a soft dough. Cover this with a wet muslin cloth and leave it for at least an hour.
- Then make small round balls and roll out to make a flat round shape. Take a star-shaped cookie cutter and cut out the pieces from this.
- Preheat oven at 350 F for about 10 minutes and bake for about 18 minutes. Then turn them around and bake for another 18 minutes.
- If you want to color these cookies in your favorite color, just add icing sugar with a little of your favorite color – red, pink or green or just about any color.
- Then brush this mixture over the cookies and freeze the cookies for about 8-10 hours.
- You can also coat your cookies with a little of the melted chocolate and sprinkle a fine powder of fennel seeds over them.