What’s a dessert person to do when she’s trying to maintain a smart diet? Reach for something that’s cool, creamy and luscious and sports fresh berries. That’s what this strawberry mousse is all about.
1 can full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
2 tbsp honey
1 cup strawberries (I used fresh, but frozen can work too)
2 tsp unflavoured gelatine
- Make a puree of the strawberries by blending them in the blender.
- Take a pan and add coconut milk along with the honey. Let it come to a slight boil. Keep stirring continuously, the paste will become a little thick. It is time now to take it off the heat.
- Warm a little water, about 2tbsp and add gelatine to it. After a few minutes, the gelatine will bloom. Now add this mixture to the coconut milk and honey mixture.
- Add the strawberry puree as well.
- Pour the mousse into shot glasses or any of your favorite bowls. Cover with an aluminum foil and keep them in the fridge. Chill for at least 3 hours.
- Relish your mousse along with some cream (whipped cream or heavy cream) and strawberry slices.