A super-easy and swanky dessert from the oh-so-lovely looking strawberries. Light, creamy and soft, this is your rescue call even if you are 80 and craving for something sweet when those precious teeth have fallen off….Bake and be swayed!
3 cups sliced strawberries (1 pound)
1 3/4 cups well-shaken low-fat buttermilk
6 tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin, from less than 2 (1/4-oz) envelopes
1/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup Whipped cream
Few strawberry slices
- Blend strawberries, buttermilk, and sugar in a blender until very smooth, then pour through a very fine sieve into a medium bowl, pressing hard on solids. Discard solids.
- Sprinkle gelatin over milk in a small bowl and let stand 1 minute to soften.
- Bring cream to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and add gelatin mixture, stirring until dissolved.
- Whisk cream mixture into strawberry purée and pour into molds. Chill molds, covered, until firm, at least 8 hours.
- To unmold, dip molds in a small bowl of hot water 2 or 3 seconds, then invert Panna cotta onto dessert plates and remove molds. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes to soften slightly.
- Top with whipped cream and sliced strawberries.